promotion image of download ymail app
Tlee asked in TravelSpainOther - Spain · 2 months ago

Do I need an international driving permit for mainland Spain?  I didn’t need it in Canaries... thanks!  ?


Oh I am an American.  Sorry forgot that detail .. 

2 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    I’ve never been asked for anything different than  my US state issued driver’s license, in any country I’ve rented a car in. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    I have never been asked for an IDP in any European country.  My state driving license was always accepted. 

    That said, you get an IDP by completing a form and sending it + a photocopy of your state driving license to AAA with the small fee. If you have time before your trip then get the IDP. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.