promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My male cat has a swollen eye!?

Before I panic too hard, could the swollen eye be kind of like a black eye from fighting with the other male cats; And if so should I put ice on it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • art
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

could be a scrathed eyeball from a fight with an infection - take him to the vets, it must be very painful

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's caused by severe physical abuse by the owner.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take the cat to the vet.  Eye damage is nothing to fool around with at home.  Do not try to put anything on or in the eye.  If you are letting him out to roam unsupervised and get in fights - STOP.  Keep him inside, neuter him and you won't have emergency vet bills like this!

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take your cat to the vets and if it is out and fighting it is not neutered, so get that done as well unless you want more injuries from fighting and as it gets older it will lose more fights and get injured more and cat claws/bites can be very serious and cause dangerous infections

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

eyes are very delicate, take to vet

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Call your vet NOW and if they advise it, take him in. Anything less is cruel.

• 2 months ago

I'm not sure how tolerant your cat'd be to have a wrapped ice pack on his eye.  Certainly give it a go.  If the swelling doesn't go down within 3 days, it may be infected.  You may have to take him to the vet or ask for some oral painkillers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.