Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 week ago

what happened to "The Babylonian Empire"? and when? why?

Update:

where did it expand to? how , when, why it fell?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

The Neo-Babylonian Empire fell to the Persians whose king was Cyrus. The end of the Neo-Babylonian Empire  happened about  560 BC. It is called Neo-Babylonian because there was a previous Babylonian Empire. Herodotus provides a history of Babylon and how Cyrus conquered it in his "The Persian Wars".  Nebuchadnezzar's successor was not as able a king as Nebuchanezzar. 

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Babylon existed as a port on the Mesopotamia for 3000 years before it became great. Kings, like Hamurabi & Nebuchadnezzar ruled a large area & several kingdoms. Part of what made it great was the administration (still taught today) & it's public works. As an Empire, it lasted from 625 to 536 BC. Cyrus The Great, Persian, ended the Empire. The books of Kings, Jeremiah, Daniel,  Genesis (10:10), and Revelation have some interesting insights.

• I assume you mean a "port on the [Euphrates]". Mesopotamia was a region, not a river of portage. But the earliest Babylon could be considered to have become "great" is when Hammurapi reigned, c.1800BC. At that time Babylon had only existed as a small town for about 500 years, not 3,000. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 week ago

Why can't you just read a book fishface? Or at least a credible online article.

The Persians conquered the Babylonian Empire in the mid-6th Century BC.

• 1 week ago

This is Mesopotamia and the beginning of  modern Civilisation there are stories in Greek literature of the hanging gardens and the bible the Assyrians a north Affican culture took control Nebuchanezer is a famous king it's a very complex and subject there are books that are your best option I read one so I am limited .its the scripts and archeology that are difficult to decipher you see a lot is unknown like the Greeks screw lift invention was actually being used to lift water to the hanging gardens its wonderful stuff 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.