Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is it useless to explain anything to an Atheist?

They don’t understand anything and are very petty. Every time  I try to explain something they hit me with a well ask God to do this or that, or why did this happen, why did he allow that

I just feel like it’s a waste of time but I want to spread Gods word

Favorite Answer

God's Word will not return void but will accomplish what it was sent forth to do. Just keep on keeping on and let the Holy Spirit do what he does best.

• 2 months agoReport

Thank you that’s what I needed to hear

All a person can do is explain their own way of seeing things. That's what you're doing. That's what everyone does. If you want an atheist to understand your way of seeing things, no, it's not a useless waste of time. If you want them to see things the same way as you, you'll have to listen to their way of seeing things so that the two of you can compare and discuss your views. Perhaps you can persuade them, or perhaps not. I know that I have discussed it, and thought about it, a lot. I have met a lot of theists that I admire, and respect, a lot. People just don't always see everything in the same way, so they may not find persuasive the reasoning of others. People do change their minds, but everyone settles on, from amongst the choices that they're told about and the choices that they can dream up, the choice that makes the best sense to them. If you want to know whether or not it is a waste, you will just have to keep trying; only when you find out how your discussion turns out will you know the answer.

• Sara

The vast majority of atheists were raised religious. We know what your book says. You don't need to beat that dead horse.

Your ‘god’ bestows everlasting damnation and original sin, 

loses battles with evil, creates men that fear their creator, 

and ‘uses’ innocent virgins. You might as well be muslim. 

But all you are, is “christian” = Atheists have had it right, all along.

• 2 months agoReport

We should fear God and we should praise him, he created us, and he nearly destroyed us because of how evil we became, 

Waste of time is going to the church for talking with the air. Waste of money as well...

The problem is not them, it's you.

You're the one who fails to provide anything reliably testable to convince an Atheist that what you say is consistent with reality.

Then you get all butt hurt about it and resort to calling them "stupid"*, which further lessens your effectiveness in convincing them of anything.

Source(s): *As demonstrated in previous questions.

It is useless to try to explain to atheists that god is real and the stories in the Bible are real. So, yes it is a waste of time to "spread god's word" to us. Maybe you should just stop. It's obnoxious. 

• Brian

Spread away.  Just don't be too surprised that us atheists have better things to do than listen to you.

I don't bother my neighbors with my beliefs, and I'd expect the same courtesy from you.

Here's a clue, present objectively verifiable evidence of God.  Until you can do that, you have nothing to say.

• Sara

Hindus say the same thing. It's the same thing the followers of Zeus, Ra, Odin, and Tlaloc said. 
      So, do you have objective evidence or not? 

If you want to spread God's word, isolate yourself for a year, and figure out what it is, rather than what you have been told.