Do only certain sorts of people have paranormal experiences? Why do some people seem to have a lot, but others none?

5 days ago

If you can see the invisible, it sure can see you as well :) If you can talk to spirits, expect lots of them to just nag you for attention (for attention is energy, too). Also, spiritual development means your consciousness is evolving and becomes more and more visible on other planes of existence. For an analogy, if the tree is tall enough, it will meet with the clouds. Shorter trees would never understand what clouds are, for they never interact with them... They only know that it rains from time to time, and fight for water.

4th Dimension - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6MmCyM

Youtube thumbnail

• Hunter

Some people have paranormal experiences because of genetics and physiology. Neurological studies done on telepaths, clairvoyants, precogs, telekinetics, and other types of psis show that such folks have different brainwave patterns than ordinary humans. And of course, psis and espers sense psi energy, produce it, and some can direct it where most Mundanes can seldom even feel the presence of psi energy.

It's like what a character, Cassie Holmes, once said in the movie, Push, "There are special people in this world. We don't ask to be special. We're just born this way. We pass you on the streets every day, unnoticed by most." And so it goes.

But if your life is ordinary, normal, be happy. Being a psi is to be a weirdness magnet; bizarre stuff happens everywhere we go.

• Megumi
      1 week agoReport

Nine Lives says he found a place with intelligent people, so he has no place there. When your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. 

Some people are good runners or painters, others are mechanically minded. You can improve these traits, but if you haven’t got the talent you haven’t got the talent 

There is no compelling evidence in favor of paranormal experiences. The truth of the matter is that sane, well-educated, intelligent, logical, objective people know there is no genuine evidence that supports such "Gao Pei", ergo they never imagine they see such "Kojira no Heh"!. Mindless believers merely imagine they have paranormal experiences but do not actually do it. My kid sister was discussing such stuff today on Facebook. She has an M.A. degree but still believes in such superstitions. My brother claimed he saw many ghosts, but I never have. I occasionally discovered what he actually saw, and it was never a ghost. All of my family, except me, believe in such "Merde des Vaches"! They also believe in God and some of them are liberal Democrats. I know better than any of that "Fignya"! I know there is no genuine evidence for paranormal experiences or gods, and I know liberal Democrats lie horribly and have many destructive ideas. 

• Mr. P

It depends how connected you are.

Some people are sensitive to pick up on these things while others walk around with their eyes shut and their fingers in their ears.

Those that mediate or have done tend to be more open to small details. Do you notice the birds? Do you talk to them? Do they talk back? 

Can you read the weather? Can you predict it?

Can you feel the energy in things or the life of an object? The energy in a storm?

If you can do all these things then you are more likely to sense spirits also.

If you have meditated and met other people there then seeing spirits is just the same. They show up when they want to.

• Dr. NG

Imagination, poor education, and upbringing are reasons for sure but don't come close to explaining why there are so many of them. One thing keeping them going for centuries is "Science is working on it and the proof of paranormal is due any day." Why people believe silly things, is an age-old question and not soon to be answered. Here's an interesting link on the subject

• Garrett
      3 weeks agoReport

and Truth. He has a very bad case of Confirmation Bias and other logical fallacies. That severely handicaps him in finding any truths. He just mindlessly believes silly hoaxes and hysterical morons. Geniuses do not do that. 

• Zirp

maybe

The others may just be better at rationalising things away, as in blaming "coincidence"

• Garrett
      4 weeks agoReport

Snowmen are not alive, ergo they cannot ride any bikes. They would also melt very quickly in Africa. If someone imagined he saw a snowman on a bike in Africa, he needs to consult a psychiatrist. 

• Todd

Paranormal experiences according to whom? Themselves? I would posit that some people believe they have paranormal experiences more than others, that or attach more weight to small things more than others, or can't properly discern what constitutes paranormal or not.

• Jon

Some people are more gullible than others.

Some people seek attention more than others. 

Some people have fewer scruples about deceiving the gullible than others

• Garrett
      4 weeks agoReport

we saw nothing weird. He also claimed he saw one at Takiln Cemetery. He took me there and again we saw nothing out of the ordinary. I have often discovered what relatives actually saw, and it was never a ghost. 

Some people have opened doorways for the demonic through occult activities. other people have developed a relationship with Yeshua and experience supernatural heavenly things.

Joh 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

John 8:23-24 Yeshua said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he [the messiah, the Son of God] you will die in your sins.”

Matthew 10:37-38 [Yeshua speaking] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Is Yeshua the most important thing in your life? How much time do you spend with Him every day? Is He your friend?

To "take up your cross" is to deny the desires (not the needs) of the flesh and be obedient to the laws and commandments of God. As you develop a relationship with Yeshua ("Jesus") you will hear from the Holy Spirit (Dreams, Visions, Words of Knowledge, Words of Wisdom, etc...) You must be obedient to what the Holy Spirit communicates to you without hesitation. If you are asked to do something, or told not to do something, the immediate answer is "Yes Lord", worry about the details later - He will lead and guide you in accomplishing anything you are asked to do as you do it.

Spend time in prayer every day (praying out loud). Here are prayers I say every day. Modify them as you see fit for your situation and circumstances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/li9k4kpvhvfx9yc/Daily%20...

Spend 30 minutes or more every day reading your Bible (reading out loud). Start with Matthew and read to the end, then start at the beginning. I use the ESV, but the King James (not the "New" King James) is the most accurate translation as it is the ONLY translation that uses the Textus Receptus manuscripts.

If you are willing to set aside the things that take up most of your time (TV, movies, gaming, Facebook, Internet, etc... you know what you spend most of your time doing), and dedicate three hours every evening to the Lord, within a few months if not sooner you will see a mighty move of God in your life. Develop the following routine and stick to it consistently:

Spend the first hour praying in tongues. Praying in tongues (out loud) is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document that will help you understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pibf1bwoqmoo74/Pray%20i...

Spend the second hour waiting on the Lord quietly. This will help you learn how:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57n603ps4tv62ri/Wait%20A...

Spend the third hour singing (out loud) praise and worship songs. These songs should mention the blood of Jesus, the cross, and/or attributes of the character and nature of God. Here are a few of my favorites (you can set it to shuffle play so they play in random order):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kjGV_3m9r...

In addition to that I like to listen to "soaking" music at a low volume while praying, reading, or waiting on the Lord. Here is the music I use: