Why did Nature only give a few people the ability to foresee the future? Wouldn't it be helpful if everyone was able to do it?

2 days ago

Everyone has this ability, but it has to be developed. People born with this ability most likely were developing it in their previous lives... Nothing ever comes for free. You want to learn something, you have to train a lot.

Anyone can foresee the future.  Watch, I'll prove it right now...

I not only predict that the sun will rise tomorrow, I also predict that it will rise in the east, and it will happen precisely at dawn.  Wait a few hours, and tell me if I got it wrong.

If you're talking about people with self-proclaimed psychic powers, how many times have you seen "psychic wins the lottery" as a news headline?  How come not a single one of them is willing to prove their abilities in a controlled scientific environment?

I can predict that my oldest sister's 2nd husband Ray will have whiskey for lunch and return home plastered with two six packs of beer this evening. I can predict that Dad will return home drunk on his payday. I can predict that I will win contests in Powerlifting, Weightlfting, Martial Arts & Boxing. I predicted that I could make a huge profit on a 1902 Vacheron Constantin watch I found while travelling. I bought it for $5400 and sold it for $90,000. I made huge profits on other watches as well.  Today, I wear an A. Lange & Sohne tourbillon wristwatch that cost me $211,000 in 2017. I can predict the stock market so well that I tripled my money by investing in it. I can predict that it will be 40-45 degrees F. this morning in San Francisco. I can predict that the Democrats will hate whatever President Trump says or does today. Shall I continue, or do you get the idea? My way of predicting the future is the only reliable one. 

• 👻

Nature did give everyone that ability, some hone in on the skill better than others. It can grow over time.

• English Guy
      1 week agoReport

I see the little slanty eyed feckers are doing another pearl harbour on you there? Totally block them and ignore them on other peoples comment boxes. Fecking cowards.

• Zirp

"Wouldn't it be helpful if everyone was able to do it?"

Yes, let's all be more competitive than everybody else. Let's all be richer than average.

I'm perfectly prepared to accept that info from the future somehow reaches people in the present. I've seen no evidence that some people have the "ability" to see a future whenever they feel like doing so.

Good luck smelling against the wind

"Foresee the future" I do not think so.

Really, it is a cognitive power.

The ability to see consequences to a cause and probability of effect.

• Dave D

"Nature" has nothing to do with it.  To foresee the future one has to be in touch with their spiritual self which is not of this universe but rather a different sphere of reality which is timeless and connected with God.  But even then one can only get glimpses.

I can already hear the snickering about my talking about a different reality but then those same people accept the concept of different dimensions or different universes spoken about by science not realizing that science and theology are talking about the exact same thing.

• M1 month agoReport

I wish you would get your hair cut Micky. Long hair at your age just makes you look like an old homeless man that can't afford to go to the barber. And you don't have a full head of anything, including hair. 

Nature is not giving anything. It is God that allows some to have the gift of prophecy.

• Who can foresee the future?  There has never been a successful double-blind study that demonstrated that anybody had psychic abilities.

• Megumi
      1 week agoReport

Here, Gary K is critical about proving a negative, but he does that to Garrett and changes his story. 

It is most likely a mutation.