can a Toddler lift weights?

It s debatable whether a child can develop muscles that are stronger than his tendons and ligaments (that connect his muscles to his bones). Lifting himself is probably exercise enough.

Toddlers around 10 years old should be old enough .

Obviously. I'm not having no nerdy *** baby, his name is brody and I sneak him into the gym in my duffel bag like a chihuahua.

yes they can if theyre made for children.

THROW one on it and see what happens

i dont think so

• edward

My little nephew used to imitate his dad and do curls with the tiny rubber 1 pound weights. He was 3 back then

Kids can safely lift as long as the weight is light enough. In most cases, one or two sets of 12 to 15 repetitions are enough. Resistance doesn't have to come from weights. Resistance tubing and body-weight exercises, such as pushups, are other effective options.

A "toddler" is a child between the age of one to three.

A toddler can "lift" things.  Therefore, a toddler could "lift weights" if the weight was light enough for them to safely lift.  

If the parent of a toddler has a home gym and exercise equipment, that toddler might try to imitate what they see their parent doing.  Having a small, light weight imitation of the adult equipment would give the toddler a chance to "lift weights" with their parent.  Of course, if the parent is not in the room, any full size or heavy home gym equipment should be kept away from a toddler for obvious safety concerns of a small child being crushed by falling weights.  

I mean sure I guess they could lift the lightest weights (5 pounds), but I wouldn't recommend it.

They can't even hold a bottle to their mouth.

• James Blackley

Gigga what? You clearly havent been around toddlers, yes they can. I have 4 nieces and nephews... who are all under 6.