I've got 2 Birds Of Paradise in my front yard. One on each side of my driveway. The roots are too deep to dig up. How can I kill it?

Both are causing my driveway to teepee. A severe trip hazard. I didn't plant them, but I do want to efficiently remove every trace of them. They're huge.

• Tj

cut a root open and shove it into a cup of roundup and let it drink it up. It will kill it.

Chop the greenery off as much as possible and then SALT THE EARTH with them.  That will stop them from growing. Table salt Half a box on each plant.  Make it like snow.  They will die and rot into the ground...though in your case you may want to dig down and cut it out bit by bit with a pick ax type tool or a sharp shovel.  If it wasn't affecting the driveway.  I would have just salted it and forgotten about it.

Maybe hire a kid to dig it out.?

• Edwena

Put an ad in the green sheet for 2 free plants, they dig and haul. You will get someone who wants them. You will have a hole to fill. The easy way to do that is buy some bags of topsoil dirt from Walmart and empty the bag into the hole.