Anonymous

How come my therapist thinks that I'm breaking the law by not letting her talk to my attorney or my probation officer or my case manager?

So I'm having issues with one of my current therapist who i think im gonna have to ditch. Her name is helen and she is making outrageous demands. I got into some legal issues, I got framed for a crime which I did not commit. I was talking to her yesterday about it and she suddenly demand to talk to either my attorney, probation officer or my case manager to get more info. I told her no and that it wasn't necessary. She got mad and said that she never felt this before and says she is losing my trust now. She said that I'm breaking the law by not letting her do that. I told her bluntly no and she won't respect it. Helen said that if she doesn't get permission from my parents by next week then she is firing me as a client cause she claims that I'm obstructing laws and that she can't trust me anymore. I don't get why she won't respect it that I said no. She should have just left it at that. She said "I've let it slide many times and I just can't do it anymore cause it is unethical". I don't get what is her issue. I think I'm gonna stick with my other therapist samantha, who is someone who actually believes me and is fully supportive of me. She believes me that I got framed and is helping me filing police brutality and abuse of power charges and reports to the FBI about the deputies in my area. How come helen claims that im breaking laws by not letting her talk to my lawyers and etc ?? How come she won't respect it when I told her no ??

• Ann

Under the rules imposed by the State Board of Examiners of Psychologists Act (updated every year and in existence in every state of the U.S.), only one practitioner can see a person at a given time.  If there is a court-appointed psychologist who is to see him/her  on a regular basis, then a person in private practice is not allowed to see that person at the same time.  Psychologists in private practice charge fees in the range of $100-300 per hour.  It is very doubtful that Jacob's parents would want to pay for therapy if he is already mandated by the court system to be seeing a court-appointed therapist.  It is also very doubtful that he is currently seeing any therapist at all, since he claims he "fired" his court-appointed therapist several weeks ago.  It is not in his control as to whether the court-appointed therapist speaks with anyone, since that person is hired by the court and is working with the court rather than on a private basis.  Furthermore, therapists do not become involved with filing reports or charges.  I would suspect that Jacob probably receives SSI as a mentally disturbed individual.  He obviously lives in a world of fantasy, has nothing to do but watch television (which embellishes his fantasies) and make up stories all day long.  I pity his parents. 

There is no such thing as unofficial legal guardians. People get guardians through a court order that has found you incompetent to handle your own affairs. 

If they are unofficial, they have no legal standing, and so have no power.

if its a court ordered therapist, it could be a violation of the court order to not cooperate...

but your story falls apart when you bring your parents up.....parents cannot grant any permission unless they are your legal court appointed guardian.....

are you actually under guardianship?

• ajtheactress

At age 29 you are an adult legally.  Guardianship is only in place in cases of an adult who is unable to make decision for themselves due to mental or physical disability.  Being an immature brat is not consider a disability, jacob.

If your therapist wants to talk your attorney you can't really stop her.  If both of them are working on your "hypothetical" defense then it would be in your best interest.

But of course you are notorious for not following any advice given you and working against your own best interests.

LOL,  you disrespect everyone around you and yet sill expect them to respect you.

Being autistic is not a get out of jail free card, and being an immature and inept troll is not a disability, jacob.

• ajtheactress

Fine then go post your bullshit there.  You claimed numerous times you are done with YA.  The truth is that you'll quickly wear out your welcome on quora with your incessant delusional spam, so enjoy the ride while it lasts.  You won't be missed here.