Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 days ago

Is Heaven and Hell eternal? How so?

• Doug
    5 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, both heaven and hell are real and eternal. The only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      5 days agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

• 5 days ago

Yes. How so? That is the way God made it - that's how.

5 days ago

No because of a lack of Meditation and no practice of spirituality for the most part the soul of the Christian ends up on a low spiritual plane in the after life sometimes complete with torments of various kinds and often times after this the spirit actually dissipates or dies a second death which is eternal and no more of the person ever exists again. This can be shown as true due to the fact as most spiritual people see there are very rarely any medium age souls. You see a lot of very young to infant souls and some very old or ancient souls but that’s it. 

Christianity damns the soul forever. 

• 5 days ago

People believe that heaven and hell are eternal, but there is no reason to think that they are real.  

• Paul
    5 days ago

"How" so? By the will and plan of God.

• Sofia
    5 days ago

They are indeed, as they were meant to be.

5 days ago

What do you mean "is" they??  The concepts of "one" and "more than one" are too tough?

• 5 days ago

Because on this earth being fix for temporary, so everything in this earth and in universe then become ended as according to the time dimension. But for heaven and hell , GOD create them with the time of infinity or eternally, so logically speaking,everything in them would be eternal too.

• 5 days ago

When I was a kid, I saw a PBS interview with Stephen Hawking once. He explained how a black hole's gravity could distort time to the point of outright breaking it at the singularity.

I wasn't quite an atheist at that time, and I kind-of-sort-of believed in Heaven, but had a hard time fathoming eternity. One way I tried to do it after that was imagining a kind of time dilation that was so extreme as to practically be static. Where from the outside, one instant could approach infinite time. Eternity.

I don't think that's how too many Christians imagine it though. I mean, what good is an eternity with no progression of events? But at the same time, how can it be perfect forever if anything within it can change even a little?

• Nothing is eternal.