Al asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

if I take out an insurance policy and something happens to them the day after, do I still get the money?

or is it like regular insurance where I need to wait 30days before I use it

It depends on the terms of the insurance. Insurance compamnies are wise to people trying to take out insurance after the event.

Assuming the date you purchased is also the effective date, you should be fine.  

Just expect a pretty big investigation if we're talking about a big claim the next day. This applies to any and all insurance.   

What type of insurance are you referring to?  Typically, when you buy insurance, it starts on the effective date.

What "regular insurance" are you referring to that you can't use for 30 days?  That's quite irregular.

You might after a thorough investigation to prove there is no fraud or other crime involved.

Most insurance policies are effective on the day it is purchased.

You would need to know the terms of your policy to determine if there is any waiting period before the policy could be used to cover whatever it is the policy was purchased for.

BTW - I have never had any kind of insurance policy with a 30 day waiting period before it could be used.

Some life insurance policies might have a waiting period just to avoid people taking out a policy at the last minute on someone who isn't expected to survive an accident.  

Find more important things to worry about, IDIOT.