promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

72 skylark with 69 chevy 350?

Im having trouble finding the right wire to fire up my distributer the original engine used points an coil however this in not original motor this is a small block chevy an im running hei distributer i already got the motor turning over just cant fire up the hei to start my engine 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Here is my fuse box whats the switched side

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Run a 12gauge wire to the hot on the HEI the wire thru the fire wall to the switched side of the fuse box, put a spade end on it.

Switched side: the directional are on.

If you had it up on one, put the dist. so rotor is at 1 and vac canaround 7 in the clock it should fire right off.

• Charles2 months agoReport

Aye man what do you mean switched side of fuse box i have a 12gauge wire in hand an long enough

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There should be a power wire to the ignition coil that comes from the fuse box or the ignition switch.  The wire should only be "hot" or have power when the key is On engine off, key on Start or when the engine is running.  You connect this wire to the red wire in the ignition coil.  That wire should also go to power input to the connector in the distributor.  Signal wire from distributor should connect to signal wire input to coil (yellow wire) Another wire, the RF interference wire (if present) should go from distributor to ignition coil.  You will need a test light to check if all the inputs to the coil are there when the key is in Start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Cuzv4bzq0

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.