promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do some people die from one hit of cocaine while others can do a lot without anything happening?

Do people who die instantly from cocaine just have heart problems is that why?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It has almost nothing to do with heart problems. You can die instantly  from one hit of cocaine because you never know how your body chemistry is going to react to the chemicals in cocaine, or even what chemicals might be in the hit of cocaine. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Perhaps the cocaine is something they have a severe allergy to.  Most class A drugs have been mixed with other poisonous chemicals, which are not designed for human consumption.

• 2 months ago

No way anyone can say that. Guesstimating it might depend on the quality of the cocaine and the health of the person. 

• 2 months ago

Our bodies are all different, so our tolerance levels are different, too. One person can go psychotic on marijuana (it happened to a friend of mine the FIRST time he used weed), while others can smoke it everyday without any complications. Read up on Len Bias, a top-ranked college basketball player. He was selected #2 in the NBA draft and celebrated with cocaine that night. He had a heart attack and died, despite being a young healthy athlete.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Friend I'm an ex cocaine addict I snorted it and I smoked it for some 20 years of my life. Cocaine is some funny stuff. I've seen people that have been using it for years take one little hit and then just drop dead. I've seen people that have never touched cocaine before in their life smoke it all night long like a real pro and live through it just fine. people that died of a heart attack from cocaine don't die because of a bad heart. Cocaine is a chemical that binds to certain cells in your brain. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and probably the best one that there is. It totally depends on your brain chemistry. You might have had a grapefruit for breakfast and then do a line of cocaine and you drop dead. There are certain common foods that interfere with cocaine and it's metabolism. And all you need is a couple of seconds with your heart not getting a signal and bang you drop dead! It can happen to anybody at any time that's why cocaine is so dangerous!

• Green Brick
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It would explain why it's illegal to either take or deal it.  The Law is to protect us from it's deadly potential.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause everyone is different

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

most coke is mixed with a filler to increase the dealers take, so it MIGHT depend on WHAT and how much is mixed-in .........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.