promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Al asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 3 months ago

which is a better technique for winning the lottery?

should I pick my own numbers or stick with quick picks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Good lottery platform from https://xosovui.net/xsvl

• 3 months ago

If you do some research on past winners, you’ll find that a majority of them won from auto picks. So you definitely have better odds doing auto pick rather than picking your own numbers, especially in Ohio.

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I have been playing the lottery since HS and find the best technique for truly winning when it comes to the lottery is NOT play the lottery.  If I add up all the money I had invested in buying tickets it comes to a good size pot on it's own.  These days, every once in a while I might grab a $1 or $2 scratch off or $1 drawing ticket just for fun.  :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

First of all, understand that on average, anyone should lose in the lottery.  So if making money is your goal, don't play.

Now, if you're doing it for entertainment, then getting an uncommon pick makes it more likely that if you do win, you won't have to split the prize with a bunch of other people.  For example, suppose the jackpot was 100 million dollars, and the winning numbers were 1-2-3-4-5-6 .  Maybe a thousand people would have picked that, and that would mean 100,000 each.  Not bad, but if the winners are 1-17-33-35-40-41, there's a better chance that the lucky winner will get the whole thing.  By the same token, don't pick numbers that could be birthdays or anniversaries.  Don't pick numbers that form a geometric pattern on the card, or are in sequence.  Rolling dice might be the best way to pick numbers, followed by disqualifying anything that looks organized.

• 3 months ago

It doesn't matter which way you do i t, the odds remain the same.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It’s completely random. Any technique is just as good (or worse) as other techniques. The best way is to simply save that money you would spend on the lottery, you’ll have more money than continuing to gamble it

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It's all down to luck. I've read of winners who've used the same numbers for years while others have won on a quickpick. 

• 3 months ago

There is no technique.

• 3 months ago

The odds are the same either way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.