promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Vietnamese People?

Why do I get weird looks and get charged two extra dollars when I ask for “banh pho”?

Update:

Wow, they gave me the regular ones and charged me more.

Update 2:

It is like going to a place to get strawberry cheesecake. They look at you weird and said they will charge you more. You are like “Sure. It is fine.” They come back with a regular cheesecake and charge you more. 

Update 3:

This happened in another place too. Are they trying to rip me off? Is it because I am not Vietnamese and they think I wouldn’t know the difference?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Banh pho are simply rice noodles. Most pho is made with rice noodles.

• ...Show all comments
    • LittleDeathAngel
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Banh pho is an umbrella term similar to pasta. Mh situation is similar to an Italian asking for Angel Hair and then, getting normal spaghetti and getting charged more. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

cuz they want that big sh long

• 2 months ago

Did you look at the prices before ordering

• ...Show all comments
    • LittleDeathAngel
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Look at it this way. You go to a place to get strawberry cheesecake. They look at you weird and said they will charge you more. You are like “Sure. It is fine.” They come back with a regular cheesecake and charge you more. How would you feel?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably as it requires more preparation than regular pho. Might also be your accent.

• LittleDeathAngel
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Oh no. I typed it out on my phone. They also gave me the regular ones instead and when I asked they gave me extra normal pho. Are they trying to rip me off?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.