Vietnamese People?

Why do I get weird looks and get charged two extra dollars when I ask for “banh pho”?

Wow, they gave me the regular ones and charged me more.

It is like going to a place to get strawberry cheesecake. They look at you weird and said they will charge you more. You are like “Sure. It is fine.” They come back with a regular cheesecake and charge you more. 

This happened in another place too. Are they trying to rip me off? Is it because I am not Vietnamese and they think I wouldn’t know the difference?

• abdul
    Favorite Answer

Banh pho are simply rice noodles. Most pho is made with rice noodles.

• LittleDeathAngel

Banh pho is an umbrella term similar to pasta. Mh situation is similar to an Italian asking for Angel Hair and then, getting normal spaghetti and getting charged more. 

cuz they want that big sh long

Did you look at the prices before ordering

• LittleDeathAngel

Look at it this way. You go to a place to get strawberry cheesecake. They look at you weird and said they will charge you more. You are like “Sure. It is fine.” They come back with a regular cheesecake and charge you more. How would you feel?

Probably as it requires more preparation than regular pho. Might also be your accent.

• LittleDeathAngel

Oh no. I typed it out on my phone. They also gave me the regular ones instead and when I asked they gave me extra normal pho. Are they trying to rip me off?