Is my co-worker patronizing me?

I’m having a problem with my co-worker who works in the same department as me.  We’ll call him “John” to avoid confusion in my description of question:

Every time a co-worker from another department asks John to take care of something, and that co-worker is located on the same floor as me (our employer is located on three floors), John asks me to do it.  He and I work on  separate floors, but we and the other guy in our department periodically go to each other’s floors.  So I’m guessing his attitude is “This is not my floor, so I’m not responsible for your request unless the guy on your floor is out sick.”  Although, that’s not what bothers me.  What I don’t like is, for example, when our co-worker “Jane” asked him to do something, he paged me on the walkie-talkie (the three of us are equipped with that so we can easily contact each other), asking me to take care of [such n such request] for Jane. Would it have been more professional for him to ask Jane to contact my extension or e-mail me... or at least ask me on the walkie to go see Jane so she can ask me to do such n such.  When he tells me on the walkie what she said needed to be done, I feel like he’s trying to show out in front of Jane and make me look like he’s my boss.

I’m not seeing the problem here. It sounds like John is being asked to do things that are actually your responsibility because of your location/job description. Rather than say “no, that’s not my job, go ask Bob,” he is passing along their requests to you to ensure that they’re taken care of. That sounds like the professional way to handle things.

I would hope not

No, it would not. Jane asked for help. Do you honestly think, "No, I won't help you. Contact Anonymous" is a professional way to handle this?  

i would hope not