What is the real story of the real life Jesus Christ?

Most historians agree he did actually exist but debate the details of his life

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

Jesus:

(1.) Born Wednesday, August 21, 7B.C. Mary was 17; Joseph was 22.

(2.) Returned from Egypt at age 2.5, after Herod died 4B.C.

(3.) Entered Manhood - Bar-mizpah 13 years old 21August,7 A.D.

(4.) Age 14.5, Father, Joseph died from fall while building young Herod's Capitol.

(5.) Baptized at noon Monday, January 14, 27A.D. age 32.

(6.) Official Ministry started at age 33, 27 A.D.

(7.) Died age 36.5, Friday, 7April30 A.D.

(8.) Glorified body appeared Sunday, 9April30A.D.

Jesus(oldest); brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, Judas(jude), Amos died at a young age.

Sisters: Miriam, Martha, and Ruth.

Mary's sister, Salome, was mother of James and John zebedee, Jesus' 1st cousins.

• Anonymous
    5 days ago

John 5:47

But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe what I say?”

Matthew 24 Chapter; 28:18,20;

Matthew 5-7 Chapters

Source(s): JW.ORG
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Althea
    Lv 6
    5 days ago

The Bible books from Matthew to John all talk about Jesus, & since God inspired these writing of the Bible according to 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 & he cannot lie according to Titus 1:2 we can believe every word written in it. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Garrett
      Lv 5
      3 days agoReport

He cannot lies just because he claims he cannot is a very poor argument. He lies constantly in reality. 

• 5 days ago

The gospels are not biographies of Christ. They are testimonies of him. None of them gives the whole picture of his life.

He was born, raised well, educated by God and man, baptized, tempted, etc.

When he was about 30 he abandoned his career to do his father's work.

He suffered an infinite punishment for sin in the quiet hours before his arrest.

He was crucified and he died. He resurrected himself into tangible, physical life, health, and immortality. He cannot be born a second time. He shall return as he left us, descending through the sky accompanied by angels.

He shall reign personally upon the Earth for 1,000 years, after which he will return to his father and our father, his God and our God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

There is far more historical documentation for Jesus Christ, and more details of His life, than for any other human being from 2,000 years ago.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

The record of Jesus’ early life is very brief. Born in Bethlehem of Judea, King David’s native city, he was taken to Nazareth in Galilee after the family returned from Egypt all of this in fulfillment of divine prophecy.

Of the first years of Jesus’ life nothing is known except that the young child continued growing and getting strong, being filled with wisdom, and God’s favor continued upon him. Lu 2:40

In course of time the family grew as four sons and some daughters were born to Joseph and Mary. Mt 13:54-56 So, Mary’s firstborn son did not grow up as an only child.

There is nothing to indicate that Jesus had or exercised any miraculous powers during his childhood years, as the fanciful stories recorded in certain apocryphal works, such as the so-called Infancy Gospel of Thomas, pretend.

The changing of water to wine at Cana, performed during his ministry, was the beginning of his signs.

He regularly attended the synagogue services each Sabbath. He was educated, as is shown by his ability to find and read sections from the Sacred Writings, but he did not attend the rabbinic schools of higher learning.

The brevity of the record concerning these early years is because Jesus had not yet been anointed by Jehovah as the Christ Mt 16:16 and had not commenced carrying out the divine assignment awaiting him.

His childhood and the growing-up process, like his birth, were necessary, though incidental, means to an end.

Joseph taught Jesus the trade of carpentry, and no doubt both Joseph and Mary called upon Jesus, the firstborn, to help them with the care of their other children, numbering at least six. Mark 6:3

While still at home, Jesus continued subject to his parents, all the time progressing in physical growth.

As the oldest son, Jesus probably helped to care for the family, particularly since it appears that Joseph died before Jesus.

It is quite probable, then, that the long period of years, to the time of his baptism, was spent in the performance of the ordinary duties of life.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

Even the Christians don't have a clue what he did for 30 years or where he was during that time. It is a complete void that spans most of his lifetime.

You would have thought he would have done SOMETHING worth writing down in that time, some kind of miracle - even made a good table or signed some paperwork at some point- but nothing. Even the authorities of the time had nothing to say - for 30 years.

• My best advice is to seek within.  There you shall know and possibly be Christlike.  You shall find there, all the answers you need.  

In my opinion, books are the voice and opinion of others.  I read only the very antiquated books for spiritual knowledge.  They have not been so tampered with as the bible.  :D

• ...Show all comments
    • Garrett
      Lv 5
      3 days agoReport

I grew up attending church every Sunday and reading the Bible daily. In Sunday school, there was a contest every Sunday to see who had read the most verses in the Bible that week. I usually won,. I sought Jesus, but he never appeared. I began to doubt the Bible by age six and soon discarded it. 

• 5 days ago

"Most" historians? Where did you get that idea? Answer me this: Why are there absolutely no accounts of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ in any history books? (And please don't say it's in the Bible. The Bible is NOT a history book.)

• ...Show all comments
    • Garrett
      Lv 5
      3 days agoReport

YouTube is not a reliable source of information. I can find many sources that deny the ones Ivanhoe uses. 

• 5 days ago

"Most historians agree"...that's not true.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.