promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Unknown hole in house should i open it?

So i moved into a house a couple years ago and i always had this rectangular patched hole on the side of my room. I always been tempted to open it but who knows whats there, it could be nothing and i would just have a big hole throught my room. So should i open it?

Update:

Lol the answers are funny, its a hollow wall and yes there is a bathroom beside it so it could be the electrical wiring its just the owners left in a hurry and left a lot of things behind so i guess that what i get for watching yotube about things inside a wall lmao

Attachment image

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That is not a "hole in the house"...

It is an access panel, MADE to be opened in order to reach what is inside. It could be an access panel to plumbing or a crawl up attic space. No big mystery or anything to be afraid of. 

• ...Show all comments
    • M.
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

An access panel in a bedroom usually covers the plumbing to the bathtub.  If/when the valves need repair or replacing, it's just a panel to remove.  It's not about wiring.  It's about plumbing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

how does one open a hole?

• 3 months ago

it can be bad one...

• 3 months ago

Go through it and you will discover a secret world with magicians, a snow queen, goblins and elves.

• Emaly3 months agoReport

Lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

It seems to be a patch work, maybe someone damaged that portion of the drywall and replacing a patch is economical.

• 3 months ago

They never did find JIMMY HOFFA'S body...

• Zany
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

If there is a bathroom behind it, it's an access panel.

• 3 months ago

drill a couple small holes for a snake mounted camera w a light,and hidef capacity,record what you find,all you do is patch it  up with scoops

of patching material,let dry,sand the spots  prime  and paint over

• 3 months ago

That you can see the patch means to me that the workmanship was not very good. If you have the resources, you could get that reworked and done properly. You really shouldn't be able to see patchwork in your wall.

And when you get that done, the workman will see what's behind the wall.

So you get two birds with one stone: curiosity is sated and the wall looks better.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

do it ..could be somebodys grandma in there ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.