Are you aware milk cartons & plastic can be extruded into beautiful lifetime boards for decking, railing or dock? No maintenance.?

• 5 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, I did know that.  In fact I'm having my old wooden back deck replaced with "plastic" this summer because I'm tired of the warping and constant maintenance of treated wood.  I also plan on making some raised garden beds out of the leftover "boards."

• 5 days ago

I am aware NOTHING is 'No Maintenance'.

• john3 days agoReport

Its the recycling part. Its important we find a way to get the plastics out of the oceans and landfills.. Again, thanks for your input. It's appreciated.

• 5 days ago

This isn't true.

Unless by "lifetime" you mean "the space of time before this plastic deteriorates."

• elhigh
    5 days ago

Am I aware: yes.

• Susie
    6 days ago

Unfortunately, only about 30% of the things we collect for recycling, actually gets recycled.  The rest ends up in landfills anyway.  This is something that is not told in the push to recycle.  

• 6 days ago

Yes, I used to work for an environmental charity whose building had interior walls made of that, and they also promoted them for their projects.

• john6 days agoReport

wOw! They had walls made from recycled plastic? I know about sheeting but that has to be a heavy wall! We sold many molded pads for chicken cages lol. I am happy to see people reading my question. Thank you very much!