Are you aware milk cartons & plastic can be extruded into beautiful lifetime boards for decking, railing or dock? No maintenance.?

Favorite Answer

Actually, I did know that.  In fact I'm having my old wooden back deck replaced with "plastic" this summer because I'm tired of the warping and constant maintenance of treated wood.  I also plan on making some raised garden beds out of the leftover "boards."

agree with the first answer

I am aware NOTHING is 'No Maintenance'.

This isn't true.

Unless by "lifetime" you mean "the space of time before this plastic deteriorates."

• elhigh

Am I aware: yes.

• Susie

Unfortunately, only about 30% of the things we collect for recycling, actually gets recycled.  The rest ends up in landfills anyway.  This is something that is not told in the push to recycle.  

Yes, I used to work for an environmental charity whose building had interior walls made of that, and they also promoted them for their projects.