Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 4 months ago

So, are artistic talents (drawing, painting, etc.) useful or useless?

Answer either useful or useless and tell me why.

It  helps to makes things around us more attractive and interesting place to be in!. How can we identify with what we see or get! The houses and buildings we go into are a Art structured form. Buildings and houses are considered a piece of architecture. It 's built not only to see and enjoy it's appearance but for the sole purpose to visit or for shelter( to live in).

Source(s): Self input

Useful. The infusion of aesthetic into real world things makes the world a lovelier place.

• LP7

Very well said

• John

People who don't have it will tend to say it's not needed.  People who DO have it will just smile.

In light of the lengthy answer. We are very involved with an accredited art college. Tuition is something like $40K/year, I guess. Here's the deal. You go to chemistry school to learn to become a chemist, the same with engineer or others. Going to art school will make you know more about art than you did before but  the "real" artists were already that before they enrolled. And you can see it in the students. All of them are making art or they wouldn't be there. But 1 or 2 out of 10 really stand out. And 1 or 2 out of 10 spend all of that tuition and can't do anything with it in the end.  I don't want to say that artists are born that way but I almost could......

Either useful or useless and tell me why I should bother answering your question. You want to be an Insta-influencer with 20k followers and lead a talent-free, hermetic existence. 

I want to get my hands filthy creating something like totally awesome.

• JaNOPE3 months agoReport

How do you know they don't wanna do that as well?? Imagine being such a prick who sucks his own dick to assume what people do and don't wanna do and then hide behind behind anonymity while doing so. lmao

• Mark

They're ALWAYS useful for pleasure, and if the person is really good, useful for business sometimes.

• Matt

Usefull. Potential to make careers with the skills. Harmeless personal enjoyment. Creative emotional outlet.

They are very useful because if you are good at being creative that same type of thinking is what is needed in lots of problem solving in fact I was once hired with a group of artists by the Arthur D Little company to just at first think about the concept of lifting then after discussing that for a while they told us what they were trying to develop was a new jack for raising up automobiles. They chose artists because of our ability to think outside the box.

Useless if you never use them. Obviously.

Useful.  Some artists can make a living at it, and some among them make huge amounts of money.  But art is not even really about money.  Even if one never makes any money at all it is still valuable.  It's a form of human expression.  A way to process, deal with, and share emotions.  And that enriches everybody's life.