Should I be single or married?

My parents and friends want me to get married because it's a Biblical thing to do and tradition. They believe in procreation for the next generation to come. But I don't feel getting married and am 27. I just feel like free, stressless, and less engagement. What do you say about that? Give me advice.

Favorite Answer

Once upon a time getting married was not an option, but now IT IS AN OPTION!!!

You should be doing whatever it takes to try to figure out how you can survive on your own. Marriage would be a human being's next step in life, but like I said above it's an option.

Lastly I am a single male, and I am in my thirties.

Don't let anyone pressure you how to live your life.  It is okay to be single and enjoy your life.  

• Get married if / when YOU want to. Marriage is a big decision, it should be your choice to make that decision. Don't let any one pressure you into it.

Freedom is great.. MARRIAGE AND HAVING KIDS is SO OVERRATED IT'S SICKENING... WHY bring kids into the world as you see it getting worse daily and not better.

• Ocimom

Its your life.  You should not get married because your parents want you to get married.  You get married because you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with that person and raise a family.  If you are happy with your life now, then don't get married.  Tell anyone that asks - "I may get married IF I find the right person I want to be with".  And then change the subject.

• Foofa

If you subscribe to their religion this may eventually be something you feel compelled to do. But average marriages ages are getting older and older in the western world so I wouldn't feel like you don't still have time to consider this. If people are really flipping out about the baby thing you could harvest and freeze some eggs to extend your fertility up until menopause. Just knowing you've got that sometimes gets the parents to calm down.

If you don't want to get married - then don't.

• Trish

There's something I learned very young.   People with Love and who Love God and follow His teachings are known as everyone.  Those who don't have Love and do not follow God's Word are known as nobody nothing never and none.  I have married and have children and I Love them all.  We have Love not only for ourselves we have Love for everyone with 💓 Love.  This has been an honor to be a wife mother and child of God.  Read your Bible pray and God will provide the answers.

I'd tell your parents and friends they are intruding. It's really rude to ask someone when they are getting married. And it's not that proper to ask someone if they plan to.

I can't stand nosy control freaks who think others ought to follow their traditions. It's ridiculous.

• Liz

The Bible does not say a person has to get married. Jesus remained single all his life. As Paul pointed out, the married person is anxious for and interested in pleasing his or her mate, and this is proper. By comparison, then, the single Christian may be able to be in “constant attendance upon the Lord without distraction.” In this respect singleness is the “better” course.—1 Cor. 7:32-38.

It's your life. Do what makes you happiest.

Source(s): jw.org
    • Trish
      1 month agoReport

The Bible says if a man cannot be without a woman he should take a wife.  Unless he's celibate meaning he has not and will never have sex he should get married.