promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I had unprotected sex a week before my period and took plan b 3 days after. I’m a week late. Took 2 tests came up negative. ?

Update:

Am I pregnant or is the plan b messing up my cycle?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Plan B pills are supposed to be effective for up to 72 hours after sex, so you should be safe.  But it can also adjust your period or make you skip one month altogether.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Did you bother to read the information that came with the plan b at all?

• 2 months ago

more than likely you are not pregnant. Plan B messes up your normal cycle. Give a few more days and maybe a week and re take a pregnancy test. Usually you ovulate a week or second week after your period usually 10 to 15 days after your period. So your chances I think are very slim.  IF you do not start at all, wait until your next "start day" and no period comes, call your doctor for pregnancy test or blood test. Hormones play a huge factor in periods.

Good luck ! XOXO

• 2 months ago

You ovulate at themidpoint of your cycle.  The eggs lives only 24-36 hours.  By the time your reached day 21 of your cycle the egg is long gone and you cannot get pregnant.  Plan B messes up your cycle. Do not have unprotected sex until your period arrives again.  Possibly 2 mionths

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Taking Plan B  messes up your menstrual cycle. Missing a period after you take Plan B doesn't  mean you're pregnant. You might not have a period this month, and you might not have one next month either. That's a side effect of Plan B. Read the warnings that come with Plan B before you take it. You can't eat that stuff like candy!

Plan B is not birth control, and it was never intended to be used as such - it's for emergency use only. Plan B helps prevent pregnancy by delaying the onset of ovulation. If you were ovulating at the time you have unprotected sex, it can't help you. It can't 'delay" what is already taken (or is taking) place.

If you're going to have sex, get yourself on hormonal birth control (the pill, an implant, the shot, or an IUD) and forget about ever taking Plan B.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wait a week then retest.

• D_21
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

A week before your period is likely outside your ovulation window. Especially if you took the Plan B pill within 72hrs then you should be fine.

The Plan B pill is a HUGE dose of the hormones typically found in regular birth control pills. Putting hormones in your body can influence your menstrual cycle. You may have altered when your period shows up. Just be prepared for that.

It may be too early to take a pregnancy test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqjrLJS3JrQ

Youtube thumbnail

• 2 months ago

Why should we care about this?

• 2 months ago

To put it bluntly, go to your doctors because we don't know.

Better be safe than sorry, off to the doctors you go!!!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Thanks for telling us but we don't really care. Now what is your question? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.