lemon23 asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 2 months ago

Is it safe to travel to Japan this Cherry blossom season? ?

Hello, my family & I are planning a trip to Japan this late March-April. Unfortunately, we are concerned about the Coronavirus and was wondering whether it is safe to travel to Japan this Spring?

There are Cherry Blossoms in other countries of the world. Why not grow your own? I wouldn't travel to Japan if you paid me. Stay away from these countries that could be highly infected. People wear masks all the time in Japan - way before this virus was around, so imagine the germs that are there.  It doesn't look like a safe place to ever visit. Grow your own at home and enjoy them

In General...I will say yes....but it depends on a few things. Where exactly are you planning to travel to? One place? Two? are you planning to use the Shinkansen(bullet train)? What airline are you using and where are you flying from and flying into. Currently there are lots of preventive measures going on in Japan that are putting restrictions on the Japanese...for example the Prime minister asked that ALL schools nationwide from elementary to high school be closed for a month.  Trains are running, air traffic from China is severely limited and 85% of the people you see are wearing masks. I've lived here for 26 years and with all the foreign tourists here just 3 weeks ago I really took lots of precautions. Now not much at all. Actually, most of the sightseeing places across Japan are practically empty!  So if I were you and was intent on coming here I would avoid places like downtown Tokyo....even though they are not that crowded. I would venture off into the countryside areas. Skip the shopping malls. Wear a mask if you feel like it when you are here.

Source(s): I live here.

Last time I checked Japan and China were separated by a large stretch of water. The only cases of Coronavirus in Japan would be from those that got in before the quarantine.

It's like anywhere else in the world. If you're that worried about getting the sniffles, don't go. Besides unless you're old or your immune system is compromised it's not going to kill you. People are taking this fear way too far.

• Quinn

The source of the outbreak is from Wuhan, China and so far the only cases of Coronavirus in Japan is from those who had been in China and entered Japan such as the case of the cruise ship Diamond Princess. Those people have been quarantined and will not be allowed to move freely until they show no signs of the virus after 2 weeks. There have not been any outbreaks anywhere outside of China except for those individuals who returned from China and every country in the world has setup quarantine protocols for anyone who have enter their country after  travelling in China.

The bottom line is that so far the quarantine protocols have been effective in preventing widespread of the virus, so you are as safe traveling in Japan as you are staying at home assuming your home is not China.

There is no huge outbreak of the disease in Japan. People entering the country are bring checked to prevent the spread. Worrying never fixed anything.

The cherry blossom season is more than 1 month away as you say. You have to wait and see the situation later.

You are fine traveling to Japan 🇯🇵 with your family japan is not China! most countries in the world now have cases of the virus so I think you and your family will be fine have fun!

You'll just have to watch the news and the travel warnings. Are you concerned because of the cruise ship quarantined off the coast of Japan? It had tourists from China who brought the virus aboard. There have been no other cases reported in Japan so far. In places where the coronavirus is a problem, airlines have canceled flights, and people are not being allowed in or out. Watch the news to see if there's any spread to Japan 

Japan is not China.

If you imagine the story about the king in music happened many times The Residents The King and Eye King Elvis Presley also even B.B. King