Lexi asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 days ago

What is wrong with my father?

He doesnt work, he wants to control the house. Everyone in my family has income but him. Everytime someone comes to fix the house he tries to tell them what to do its not like he paid for it. He actually waiting for my mother to die so he can take her pension he got caught saying it. He doesnt take baths or brushes his teeth. He is verbally abusive. He watches porn on his computer he didnt pay for.  Im starting to really hate him. Im a christian he makes fun of my beliefs in god that he watches video about bashng christianity he raise volume loud so i can hear it. There other worst things he did in the past. He tells me i need to get a life and im ugly even though i look like him. What is wrong with him? Sorry for my grammar

5 days ago

Maybe HE should join the military.  He sounds like the perfect fit.

• Foofa
    6 days ago

Sounds like perhaps a touch of "madness". Maybe he should see a doctor.

6 days ago

He sounds awful, but what is wrong with your mother?  You don't give any indication of your age, or whether there are other sibs in the home, but it's wrong for him to talk to you like this.  Your mom can't change his behavior, but her primary job is to protect her kids.  Nobody should grow up like this.  Also, as a lesser issue, people can designate beneficiaries of their pension.  It doesn't have to be your dad.

6 days ago

he might have mental issues, if hes being abusive call cps

• 6 days ago

Christianity is a false religion you worship the queen of england. She is the sun god that's why you go to church on SUNday. I don't blame him for making fun of that. But your father sounds like a narcissist.

• 6 days ago

He's a miserable old git isn't he. I'm surprised he has any family left at all keeping him and looking after him. If your mother died, her pension would die with her so he's probably financially better off keeping her alive. It's up to your mother whether she wants to throw him out of the house - or leave herself. It's HER marriage. You are just offspring viewing parents with different eyes from those you had as a child.