Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

How to make cuts look accidental?

I stopped cutting years ago.. But I'm having the urge to do it again. I don't want anyone telling me to go to therapy or to call a hotline. I don't want help I just don't want it to be noticable to my family I don't want to cause any problems for them. Don't worry I'm over 18 I'm not a child and I'm not going to kill myself I'm too scared to do anything like that. Again telling me to get help is a waste of time so don't. Tell me how to make it look accidental or just ignore the question.

Favorite Answer

I don't usually "answer" or reply to stuff on forums etc, but your question stood out to me.  I'm going to preface my reply by saying I am not in anyway condoning or agreeing with you or telling you what to do.  I am not a Doctor and do not take responsibility for any action etc on others parts, only my own.  I have dealt with the same thing (cutting, self mutilation, etc) since my early child years which has been on and off for about 35+ years.  Struggling quietly mostly because someone who has never dealt with this or been around it really cannot figure out how or why.  I would "cut" in places that others just would not see or I could "cover" it up with clothes, watches, etc.  We had cats so that would be an "out" for me as well.  Plus what season it is helps also...lots of long sleeve shirts, coats, etc.  My idea was not to have to explain how I got hurt in the first place..It is difficult to explain to others why would you do this to yourself.  In my case, cutting gave me a physical feeling/situation to deal with than whatever was affecting me at the time.  There has been a lot of research over the years. I have found that researching it myself helps to have a focus when I get urges.   So, that's my 2 cents...

• LAN

Try using a chainsaw.   That way no one would believe that you would deliberately cut with that.   If you lost a limb, that would really throw them off the scent.

I honestly have trouble believing that people can be this moronic in spite of all the examples in this section.