Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

If I'm at a wine tasting place and I mistakenly drank out of used glasses that I thought were "help yourself" wine samples, can I sue them?

Ok so this place does free wine tasting and I see a few glasses sitting out with a tiny bit of wine in them but at first I did not even think about the possibility that they were already used glasses that someone drank out of finished and set down and that the wine inside them were just residue, I thought for sure they were those "pre-poured and help yourself" samples of wine and so I picked a few up and drank out of them and next thing I know the man running the tasting setup comes back after ringing up a customer’s transaction and so I ask him “what wine am I tasting?” but then he mentions that he didn’t recall serving me any wine tastes and that I’m supposed request what I want to taste and he gets it for me, then tells me the glasses I drank out of had to have been used glasses that nobody had bussed yet.

Am I able to sue the place for having used glasses in customer’s reach causing me to accidentally drink out of them?

OMG you didn't ACCIDENTALLY drink out of them, you grabbed the glasses and drank without even asking if that was a tasting area or not!!! Your entitled a%% should be sued for touching something you had no right to be around.

You could maybe sue your parents for raising you.

sue them, if you want to get laughed at.

• Lolly

Why is it the restaurant's fault that you're a greedy idiot?

• Kate

No you cannot. You made the mistake, not the venue. You obviously don't undrstand the concept of wine tasting as opposed to wine skulling.

You can't sue other people for your own stupidity.

• Bob

You or anyone else, can sue any person or business over anything so the real question is can you sue them and win.

In the scenario you described since it was your mistake and not theirs, I don't think you would have a good chance of winning if you did sue them.

It's your word vs theirs! Surely it's yout own fault for not realising this!

Yes you should be able to sue them for the health problematics around you and the health inspector is supposed to ask and all. However I would recommend contacting legalzoom or your personal injury lawyer and contact the food agency as well, too.

• W

Don't be a drunk and maybe you won't make stupid mistakes.