Mefee asked in PetsRodents · 2 months ago

Is this chipmunk trapped?

There’s been a chipmunk living between my basement window and concrete (there’s dirt and some grass in between them) since last summer and I know he hasn’t been coming lately out because they hibernate. I didn’t know he was hibernating in this spot but I heard him today squeaking and possibly moving around. He’s been squeaking a lot and I’m not sure why, but I also wonder why he isn’t coming out. My office is in my basement so I occasionally look for him and he never came out. I also left bananas around the crack and next to the crack to see if he eats it. Do you think he’s stuck? He’s been able to get in and out every time Before it seems like and nothing is in front of the crack or anything. Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about this lol!!

Doesn't really sound like it, and a better treat might be wild bird seed for larger birds.

Probably feels safe and now its home. Give it a little water dish also with fresh water.

Don't try catching, just let it do its thing.