promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Amanda asked in Games & RecreationToys · 1 month ago

How do you keep your children away from the phone?

I hope giving toys are the best way to keep children away from the phone.

Our fondest childhood memories lie with toys. The girls reach out for stuffy toys and barbies, while the boys reach out for cars and trucks and bikes. We all have one toy that we always loved to cling on to, even today.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

one idea is to set up a screen time on the device, most apps have this.

another idea is to do something funny or anything to divert the kids from their phone. 

one last resort is to try and lock the device. oftenly this will be met with explosive rebellion, so this is a last resort. 

the best tactic is to divert them away from their phones. buy new toys that they used to love, and play with them together. some ideas for male toys: remote controlled cars (no phone ones, other wise that kills the purpose), hot wheels (relatively simple, can be used for education! lets the kids imagination run wild!) maybe give them lightsaber toys, but whatever floats your boat

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We raised 7 kids and we only had to tell them to stay off the phones. Never once did I bribe any of my kids to do what they were told. Parents are supposed to raise kids who are respectful to rules and laws, but most parents these days are trying to raise friends and never discipline them. They use excuses for their kids bad behavior by using ADD/ADHD instead of placing the blame where it should be.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.