Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsVolleyball · 1 month ago

Should I do volleyball as a freshman?

I did volleyball in middle school but I didn’t make very good teams. I really like volleyball and I’m pretty decent at it but I feel like I’m not good enough to actually do it in high school and volleyball is going to get harder in high school too. I’m not good at some skills as well like serving. I don’t really know what other electives to do though.

Favorite Answer

If you really like volleyball then do it!  The only way to get better at something is to practice and work at it.  Don’t compare yourself to others - focus on improving your skills.  Yes, it might be harder but that’s how you grow.

Good luck!

• DEBS

If you like it, then do it. You don't have to be the best. A lot changes around your age with you possibly developing and learning quickly to catch up to others while others get bored or their development stagnates. Your hard work and focus on the technical side is an advantage over someone who is just athletic as a young kid.