promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can I better manage being a single parent ?

I’m a full time mom and I keep a full time job. My toddler daughter is in a wonderful daycare while I’m working and when I’m home, she gets all of my time. However, I’m feeling weary and I’m feeling stretched too thin. Sometimes when I’ve had a very busy day, I will give her a little melatonin chewable to get her to sleep quicker. I feel terrible about it but sometimes my nerves are fried and I just need a moments peace. Her father lives three hours away and helps with daycare but he isn’t present to help me. Thoughts? 

Update:

Contrary to the first comment, I have one child. I don’t have any “boyfriends” and I haven’t been sexually active in 3 years. I’m just struggling. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My niece stayed with my family last week because her mom (one if my best friends) was so stressed she took a weekend off and went to the spa. My wife did it after she had our son, sometimes parents just need a break. I’m blessed to have my parents living with me who can watch my son if me and my wife just want to get away

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just be more picky about who you have kids with. Write "keep your legs closed" on the melatonin bottle as a visual reminder. And try not to have boyfriends over after you've sent your daughter to bed early. Drugging multiple children can get expensive, trust me I know.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.