what is the difference between eclipse and java development kit? which should you use?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

Eclipse using a JDK, i.e. Java Development Kit, instead of a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The main difference is that a JDK also contains a Java Compiler and other tools to develop Java Code, while the JRE is only able to run compiled Java applications.

• EddieJ
      Lv 7
      5 days agoReport

The JDK is not used instead of JRE.  JRE is included with JDK.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 days ago

Eclipse is an IDE for a JDK that happens to use a JRE to run.

You still need a JDK either way, but this (and other options out there) gives you an IDE to help debug and catch errors before you try compiling them at the command-line level yourself if you don't have one.

• EddieJ
      Lv 7
      5 days agoReport

Eclipse is an IDE that can be used with a variety of languages.  It is NOT restricted to Java.  Many people use NetBeans as their IDE instead of Eclipse.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    6 days ago

Do you need me to google them for you?

Do you know the difference between McDonald's and Kroger?  Which one of those do you use?

• ...Show all comments
    • EddieJ
      Lv 7
      6 days agoReport

@brightstar: Your response clearly indicates that you are here for the sole purpose of trolling.  First, you start with an excuse.  I said previously that you are full of excuses.  And then you attack me.  

You have asked a number of questions and ignored all the other answers.  You are pathetic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.