Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

How many gallons a goldfish needs? ?

Hello everyone, so about 7-9months who I went to my pet store and they told me that a goldfish can live in a 20L tank for his whole life(which is wrong) I found that out!!!y comet goldfish is getting large. So now I have to upgrade him because the pet store people lied to me. How many gallons? Thinking about 100 but don’t know. Bigger? Will a 40 work for now? 

Favorite Answer

20 gallons = 75 liters for one fancy goldfish, 10=  gallons = 37 liters for each additional.

But commons are faster, more active and larger then fancies, and you are looking at about double that.  you want the longest tank you can get.  

you asked will a 40 work for now.  40 liters or 40 gallons? 40 liters  is very very small for any type of goldfish to grow.  And it is likly that stunting will begin before too long.

40 us gallons, or 150 liters can work for quite some time, but Look for the long, 48 inch long 40 gallon.

• Rebekah1 month agoReport

40gallons!! Yes 40liters is wayyy to small. Thanks for the help:) 

50 gallons at the smallest. They grow large and grow fast and can live 15-20 years. You'll need a really good filter system 

• Rebekah1 month agoReport

Okay thank you:) 

around 10-20 gallons per goldfish but bigger is always better