Would the CIA really allow a Navy SEAL that...serial killed?

Messed up question, I know. Just wondering.

I want to say that I ask this because I was thinking of a novel, Without Remorse by Tom Clancy.  It tells the story of how John Kelly of the US Navy SEALs became John Clark of the CIA.

In the book, after he comes home he meets a girl and finds out that she was abducted and forced into sex slavery, and drugs were used to make sure she couldn't escape. He loves the girl, and seeks retribution bordering on revenge (in not full blown revenge).

He ties these two criminals up, and kills them in alley behind a bar. Before he kills them, they ask why he is doing this. He says, "Practice."

Then he hunts down the drug dealers/pimps and kills them all. In a sense, he was a vigilante serial killer. (Hard to believe about a SEAL, I know. But it is just a book.)

Meanwhile, the government has him try to rescue some POW's.

And at the end, while being chased by his Coast Guard friend, Portagee, he fakes his death, with the help of the CIA. And long story short, that is John's backstory of how he became a CIA asset.

But the reason I ask is that it doesnt seem likely that the US government would actually help him and hire him. By legal definition, he would be a serial killer........

So, is this pure imagination on Clancy's part? Or, would it be something the President would actually be legally able to pardon?

Btw, I want military answers, not novelist answers. That is why this isn't in Books and Authors.

• 1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

the president can pardon any federal crime

1 week ago

Military/Veteran answer: Go away TROLL!

1 week ago

I have no idea.

• 1 week ago

If you want to write a novel I have a good story for you. It's a true story but would have to be written as fiction.