Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Just got period but have work ?

My period came yesterday. I usually get a really bad period every couple months. Today I woke up in so much pain. I’m vomiting, nauseous, and have horrible cramps. However I just started my job this week this would be my 4th day should I suck it up and go to work or would it be okay if I called off ? 

Take it like a man.

• Lili

Take ibuprofen -- better take it with food, since you are feeling nauseous.  Ibuprofen is by far the best medication for cramps.

From now on, since you have issues with bad cramps, you should track your periods and start taking ibuprofen a couple of days before you expect your period to begin. This will prevent them.

• GB

Go to a chemist for advice. You should get some painkillers and maybe something for nausea, plus your sanitary protection.  

Stick a tampon in there, cover it up with a pad and top them both off with a Kotex and go to work. Get yourself a bag to catch your urine and hope like hail you don't have to deficate, you should be just about good to go. And don't forget to brush your teeth.

If you can, I would suck it up and go in - you don't want to start a trend of being that person that calls in.

Obviously if you are sick, you should be able to stay home - but save that for when you are really sick.

I don't know if it would be ok if you called off. But if you're vomiting i'm not sure how you can go to work. Go to the doctor and get a doctor's excuse. Employers have to accept those.

• audrey

Suck it up and go to work. Bosses don't care about stuff like that

• k w

you can just go to the store and get the molasses...for cramping, 2Tb of molasses once a week should relieve cramping.....then stay home or go to work, depending on how you feel !

If you want to keep the job then take a painkiller and get to work because the boss will think you are not interested even though you call in ill but will that happen every month and the boss will see it as there is thousands out there that can do your job without taking time off work, Good Luck

• Liz

I'm sorry but do you think it's wise to ask total strangers about something that affects your livelihood! Think about it.