maria asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 week ago

What are the healing stones? How do healing stones work?

• 16 hours ago

They don't, unless you heat them up and put them on your sore muscles. Otherwise, it is all fake junk folk medicine.

• 5 days ago

They don't work at all. Anyone who claims they do should point you to a thorough peer reviewed scientific study, they can't because non exist. It's pure nonsense, the closest thing to a scientific study that shows them to be effective for anything is some looney hand waving about frequencies here. If you're sick with something that won't go away seek help from an M.D. not YA and certainly not silicate rocks. 

• 1 week ago

Healing stones vibrate at different frequencies.  All molecules vibrate.  These vibrations are the basis of infrared spectroscopy.  Our bodies have their own vibrational frequency.  I'm not exactly sure how healing stones work, but it has to do with vibration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_spectroscop...

• OK smart guys, what specifically do you object to?  "All molecules vibrate?" or "Our bodies have their own vibrational frequencies?"  Tell my what you object to and why, and I will bury you with peer reviewed literature articles.  Or just go away.

• audrey
    1 week ago

They don't. Just another old wives' tale.

• edward
    1 week ago

I don’t think they actually work. Basically stones like an inch or two long in various colours made of different substances like quartz, jade, amethyst and stuff, cheaper stones. They’re all supposed to do different things

• 1 week ago

Healing stones are just pretty stones. 

They don’t have any special magic healing qualities unless you crush them, extract mineral compounds from them, and use those as feeder chemicals to make medicines with.

• Robsteriark
      5 days agoReport

I don’t mind the thumb downs, but if you’re going to do so then at least post a comment to explain why!

• 1 week ago

Pebbles mostly. They look pretty.