promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Fellow liberals: Who would you rather help: the Trump-supporting homeless veteran or the immigrant family of four?

Let's say you have the resources to help one of these two people get a job, a place to live, and even psychiatric help if they so choose to accept it.

Here are the two people you can help:

A). The conservative veteran who is an avid supporter of Donald Trump.

James has a wife and two kids, but she kicked him out of the house after he refused to kick his drug habit.

He used to work in the tech field, and was overall an intelligent man, but PTSD caused him to become hooked on drugs.

B) The immigrant family of four.

The father (Miguel), mother, and their four kids came here the LEGAL WAY.

They have three daughters, a 15 y/o, an 8 y/o, and a 4 y/o.

The mother can't work due to being pregnant with their fourth child.

Miguel is having a difficult time finding work despite being highly skilled in construction.

Who do you help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The government should be supporting the veterans. My money would go to the immigrant family. If the government can spend billions on defense the veterans should be included in that billions. Instead it's being pocketed by defense contractors and lobbyists.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Let's say we have the resources to help both, because we do.  There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to justify spending $700 billion a year on war, plus the massive amount in the "black budget".  People before profits.

• frank
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

the immigrant family. only because of the kids involved. if I was able to help the veteran I would. him being a trump supporter wouldn't matter. 

• 2 months ago

In the richest nation on earth it's not an either or situation.  You can help both.  You can get Miguel help finding a job and get day care.  You can help James beat his drug habit, get him an apartment and get him psychological help for his PTSD as well as his conservative Trump delusions. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Cindy LGPB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You never said that though.  You wanted to help the vet, but not the immigrant.  Nowhere did you claim the military budget was bloated until I brought it up and said we could help both.  You are clearly confused.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

lf l couId onIy pick one, l wouId heIp MigueI's famiIy

My gram said she wouId have a job for James tho... 😳

• I could never help anyone who supports Trump.

So the immigrant family of four.

The Trump-supporting veteran is a drug addict and CHOSE to put himself in his current predicament.

Miguel is a hard-working man who just wants to find a job so he can support his beautiful wife and precious daughters. Miguel's family never chose to be born in their country which is poor and war-torn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.