promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

I booked flights to SE Asia for May15th back in December before anyone knew what the coronavirus was....?

If my flights get cancled, will they redeposit the funds I used to purchase the airfare back to my banking account or what will they do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think it is too early to tell right now what will happen and what travel bans there will be.  If the airlines cancel or suspend the flights because of the coronavirus, they will most likely let you re-schedule or cancel without penalty.  Airlines will do that sometimes if a hurricane is coming.  They will cancel flights and either re-book passengers or allow them to cancel without penalty.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you purchased, you agreed to certain terms based on the class of your ticket.  Some tickets are very clear they don't allow changes or refunds.  Some allow it with a fee.  The very expensive ones are very flexible.  So look at the terms of your purchase to find out or just call the airline and find out.

Right now, it's way too far out for them to be offering cancellations due to the coronavirus with the possible exception of flying into ground zero of it.  

• 2 months ago

We cannot tel you exactly what the airline will do.

Why don't you CALL THEM and ask about their policies in that situation,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you will be paid the refund amount

in cash by the airline minus a small

fee for cancellation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What does your travel insurance state?

(You did get travel insurance... right?)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If they do cancel your flight due to the coronavirus which is very unlikely they are bound by law to give you a full refund. 

• 2 months ago

you might get your money back, i would talk to them about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.