Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 week ago

why is my coworker so mean and critical of me because I refuse to take my short breaks at work?

I think breaks are a waste of time personally because I rather just focus on my work

I'm talking about paid short breaks, I always take my lunch break

• 6 days ago

People can't help but compare themselves to others.Maybe you make them look lazy by working harder than they would ever even bother to.

• 1 week ago

Could be because you make them look bad by trying to be an over achiever. What I did in your situation was just tell them "I have to do this because the boss told me to". That usually helps. They can't fight what the boss told you to do. "Could be" are the keywords here. After working for 2 and a half months where I am at now, I have to realise that my co-worker harassed and insults me because of his self esteem problems. He feels like he has to keep pushing me down to help his income. Not the case. I'm close to becoming manager anyways, sooner or later his and my schedule won't conflict anymore. The more he realizes this he stopped harassing me, but then he moved on to harass the new co-workers who came after me. He's not a "bad" person but he has self esteem problems. And our general manager has some fuycked up mentality too. He reminds me of my toxic big brother and my manager reminds me of my narcissitic mother. Don't focus on his complaints, focus on yourself.

• 1 week ago

cause its illegal for them not to give you a break

• casper
    1 week ago

Well team work makes the dream work. I don't know you coworker, but it sounds like they are just concern. If they are just trying to benefit from you taking a break then yeah I would do something about it. especially if you work by commission. Since I do not know the true nature of why your coworker is bugging you. I can only assume its for your own good. Your only human not a robot. take a break, you need it!

• 1 week ago

because you seem really high strung about not taking breaks.

breaks are part of labor laws to actual help give workers rest  and you give people who take them a bad name  

1 week ago

Because she knows that breaks are mandated by labor laws, and your insistence upon working through breaks could cause legal problems for your employer.  Unlike you, she's a good employee.

• Steve1 week agoReport

y work for long hours without break. People will exploit this and purposefully not take breaks to sue their employers. Taking a lunch break is mandatory by most places because employers want to avoid having to go through this. It doesn't mean that these people are good employers.

1 week ago

Get back to work you.

• 1 week ago

She’s jealous that you work harder than she does

• Steve1 week agoReport

Because I still have to follow how my general manager leads. All this means for me is that I will be getting more hours and a higher pay and getting a fat paycheck every two weeks. He was so focused on doing one job so good he never tried to do anything else. Whereas I do everything and have come to