promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Is not being able to stand up a reason for someone to go in a nursing home?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Not necessarily. If they are still able to be independent with some home help with bathing or into or out of bed, then no. If they need support with transferring multiple times of day (like onto the toilet), then they may need to go into a nursing home if they aren't able to get full time care at home. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I suppose it would depend upon whether they have proper care or have a means to get around, such as an electric wheel chair - and if they can reach things and are self-sufficient. There are a lot of factors and you didn't give a description of what is going on (if this is a situation you're involved with).

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I did a month after I died.  There,  my PT was so 'good' that I graduated to a premier hospital intense physical therapy unit.

• 2 months ago

Not if they can get around some other way like in a walker or a wheel chair.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No. That's what walkers and wheel chairs are for.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, admitting via the Primary Care Physician.  OR just plain pile of Money. It ain't free, yet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.