Is there a very very cheap computer (less than $50) avalble online  that can still run windows?

I know i may sound dumb, but im thinking of buying some for a small group of mine, i know computers are not cheap, and that parts are fairly cheap , but i just wanna know.

i dont think so, go to ebay, if you cant fix used ones. its not a good ideal for a cheap one

• Steven

Raspberry Pi ($50+), Chip ($9) and many more this type computer for you, but not for windows. 

• Shadow
      1 month agoReport

You can run Windows 10 IoT on a Raspberry Pi 3

I buy 9 year old HP laptops that run Win10 well, but I give more than $100 most times for ones that work fine and are in good shape.  Less than that, they are incomplete (no HDD or PSU) or have some damage.

I have been lucky so far.

I found some older iMac consoles on Craigslist, since most people consider them out of date and too big and heavy to deal with anymore.  They run earlier versions of MacOS fine for ordinary uses.

ebay would be a good place to look. You're probably not going to find anything new for that price.

Your local 2nd hand market would probably be your best bet. I can find old PC's going for $20 on craigslist and offerup. You're always free to make the seller an offer too.

With a 2nd hand PC, you will need to make sure the PC works before buying it. Sometimes the seller will remove the HDD but you can still boot into the BIOS.

Hard Drives and even 128gb or 256gb Solid State Drives can be found for a low price on the 2nd hand market. Installing Windows 10 is easy if you know how to do it.

If you know how to build a system, you could build a system around older but functional processors like the Phenom II, Athlon II, Core 2 Duo, or Core 2 Quad processors. I've seen processors like the old Core 2 Duo e8400 going for $5. On the 2nd hand market I've seen people giving away old cases. It never hurts to ask a seller if they have parts they'd like to get rid of.

You will need to look for them online like on eBay, CL, FB Marketplace, etc. I highly doubt you will find a brand new Windows computer for that price. You may also get lucky at a local thrift store or yard/garage sale.

• keerok

Not dumb at all.

All CPUs in my workplace (30+) cost half of that - Core2 complete with 1GB RAM and at least 80GB HDD. The monitors cost around $15 each while the keyboards were around $3. All secondhand. Only the mice were brand new at $2 each. All in all, each set would still be below your budget. The computers originally came with vista but can run win7 comfortably however to stay legit, I switched them all to Linux. No problems so far and no complaints. I have since upgraded all of them to 2GB RAM at a minimal cost.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

I still run vista on one desktop, and XP on another. Thinking of Linux.

Under $50. No. While prices have come way down, anything that can run Windows if going to be $300 or more.

The Chromebooks are around $100 to $150. But they do not run Windows. You use another OS.

You might (might) be able to find an old used computer in the $50 range.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

I have a shelf full of "windows" machines that would go for $50 or less.

• .

Most people, including myself, toss old PCs in the dumpster after about five years.  So check at garage sales or on Craig's List.  You might find one for 50 dollars.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

You might find HUNDREDS of them.

Probably a refurbished laptop. You may find laptops in very bad condition with online shopping. If you don't want to go through the hassle, I recommend saving up for a Chromebook.

Try a thrift store or schools that’s selling them to get a little bit of money. 

You can always go garbage diving. People throw their computers away all the time.