Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsOther - Visual Arts · 2 months ago

Could you make a computer image appear differently to someone with a specialized pair of glasses?

Ex.

Person A is wearing one pair of glasses, looks at the computer screen, sees a dog.

Person B wears another pair of glasses, looks at the same computer screen, sees a tiger.

If this kinda thing exists in some form, what topics should I research to learn more?

Favorite Answer

There are two ways to do this.  One is with polarization, which is how 3D movies work.  Two images can be sent out, polarized perpendicularly.  Each person looks through polarized glasses, one polarized horizontally, one vertically, and each sees one of the two images. (It's hard to explain.  But if you look through two pairs of polarized sunglasses, or 3D movie glasses, and turn one, you can see the image get lighter and darker because each lens blocks out the image polarized in a different direction.)

The other is with color, but it only works with black and white images.  You print one image in red and one in blue.  Then the person with red glasses sees the blue image and the person with blue glasses sees the red image.

I doubt the the polarization method would work since I do not believe you can display a polarized image on a computer screen. 3d TVs that were around for a while used flickering images timed to the glasses. I doubt that there would be a way with a normal screen.  

Using color and not wearing the glasses would make both images appear at the same time.