promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Whats the difference between drunk and wasted?

I was watching a guy stream on Twitch the other night and I called him wasted and he git pissed off and said he wasn’t and that he was only drunk. I thought those 2 words meant the same thing but by how he responded when I called him wasted, I see now that they obviously don’t mean the same thing.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Well, in GTA5 WASTED MEANS DEAD ._. (Caps lol)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Drunk can mean merry but in some control of your faculties.  Wasted means no control whatsoever.

• 2 months ago

Alcoholism is NO JOKE, if he got pissed off, he is most likely an alcoholic. I'm an alcoholic, but I can control it to a point. You know, that's what we all say. 

• 2 months ago

Level of degree. Drunk is all-encompassing, wasted is a level of drunk where you are nearly (or completely) passed out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JerryL
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

it is the same thing

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Somehow people have the idea that alcohol is not a drug and if you accused them with a drug term like being wasted they take offense to it to them being wasted means they're on drugs well alcohol is a drug but try to say that to somebody that is drunk and you're liable to start a fight

• 2 months ago

Wasted is disgustingly embarrassingly recklessly drunk.

• 2 months ago

Drunk=alcohol has change the way you act, but you can still make basic human interactions.

Wasted=alcohol or other substance made you not able to make basic human interactions. You are passed out.

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Wasted is more to "totally passed out because of drunk", while you can still doing things while you drunk, like talking/walking/etc (although you probably won't have any recollections of it).

• 2 months ago

They mean the same thing to me. Thesaurus.com lists "wasted" as a synonym for "drunk". He just doesn't like being criticized. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.