How can i convience my parents to let me switch school?

Well long story short: My parents made me switch to a private school this summer and now i have to wear a uniform with blazer, shirt and tie everyday. I absolutely hate to have to wear this clothes,I´m so sick of it.how can i convience them to let me change back to my former school?

• Faithe
    Favorite Answer

The only way to convince them to send you back would be to tell them about genuine reasons why the other school would be better for you academically, socially, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually.  For every pro they give you about your current school, you have to be able to give them a con - and a pro for your other school.

They will likely counter with, "If the other school was so great for you, then why..." and they'll mention the things they believe went wrong when you were in the other school - so you have to be ready with convincing arguments - convincing plans - as to why and how those specific things will be different this time.

Maybe they will be open to a bargain.  Maybe if you promise (and show that you're making good on it) to do your best in this new school - to try at your studies, try clubs and making new friends, try a shirt and blazer that fit more comfortably (maybe a neck size a half-inch bigger), for the rest of this school year, and ask them to promise (and put it in writing) that if you've achieved all that for the duration of this school year, they'll let you go back to your old school - and if, at your old school, you fix all the problems your parents found about it, they will give in.

Either way, doing what I mention in the above paragraph will make this school year more pleasant for you.  Even if you have good reasons to dislike this new school, going in every day with a bad attitude and not TRYING to change your situation to make it better will keep it feeling the worst it can be.  Especially because your teachers and fellow students will get that vibe from you and not like you, making your time there even worse.

(I was going to say that I hope things work out for you, but it has nothing to do with hope; it has to do with if you can honestly come up with convincing reasons why your previous school is better for you, and with if you can succeed in forcing yourself to look for whatever small good things may be in this new school and concentrating on them until bigger good things become apparent.)

• Star_of_Darkness
      1 month agoReport

OP is a child so they have no right to whine or demand to be placed in a public school. A public school will not be better for them at all 

Why do you care what you have to wear to school?  Whom are you trying to impress?  I recommend you spend time studying, which is what school is supposed to be for, and unfortunately isn't because parents are too permissive.  Your future depends on how much you develop your neurons, rather than goof off.  

• Daniel2 months agoReport

Cuz i dont wanna look like a geek and rather wear comfortable clothes instead maybe?^^

You probably can't convince your parents to allow you to switch schools, but the school might make that suggestion to your parents convincingly if you were to a … break the rules so bad that they expel you from the private school.  Read the student handbook to figure out the types of things you must do to get kicked out.  And understand your parents will likely punish you bad at home for it too, but it would solve your problem … well maybe.  It could actually backfire and end up sending you to military school and the uniforms there suck even worse.

• Daniel2 months agoReport

Thx for your suggestion,but no! That would indeed horribly backfire^^

• edward

Lame. My school had a lot more freedom with our uniforms, of course we had a summer and a winter uniform but even we didn’t have to wear blazers and ties all the time. But that’s not a reason to change schools

I tell you what, when you can properly spell "convince" then maybe you can have some input on what school you go to.  Oh, and when you can base it on something other than clothes. 

• helene

Maybe you shouldn't have made such a fuss about wearing a tuxedo to your cousin's wedding last year..

• Daniel2 months agoReport

ok? xD

Well better get used to your blazer, shirt and tie because i see no chance for you to switch back to your old school because of that reason!😂

• Daniel2 months agoReport

thx -.-

Don't make a drama out of it. Even if you don't like to wear your uniform, everyone else in school has to wear the same things. And if you find it too uncomfortable, just leave the shirt collar open and the tie a little loose. As simple as that.

• Daniel2 months agoReport

We´re not allowed to..-.-

• Adam

If you’re argument is that you don’t like the uniform then no parent in their right mind would let you switch back for that reason. If that’s the only reason you don’t want to stay at private school then perhaps you should try get over it. You might appreciate having a private school on your CV when you are older, they’re not cheap!

• sarita m2 months agoReport

Tell them this:  "Mom and dad, I LOVE my new school!  Thank you for paying for such an expensive school where I can develop my neurons instead of remaining a dummy.  I promise to study hard and become a successful man one day."

You really can't change their minds.😉