Should I tell my manager that my co-worker is planning to quit?

My co-worker told me he was planning to quit. He has been less hrs lately and I have seen it. Our manager can be very condescending but I think that's just how she is. Me and my co-worker had our interview on the same day practically at the same time. We were both hired at the same time. I feel bad for him. We don't talk outside of work, but I think it's just courteous to be nice to him.

• arther

No ask for a pay rise the second your co worker quits.

no, and you should quit also, make a stand against an asshole

mind your own daily obligations and bidness,

This is not your business, and it's not your responsibility. Stay out of it. 

Absolutely NOT! Not your place and your co-worker could have a change of heart and want to stay there, but if you tell your story, which is all it is, it could harm your co-workers position.

• L

What your co-worker is planning - is NONE of your business.  Just do your job and mind your own business.  If he quits - that's on him and it is NOT your job to warn anyone.

If you say something and they end up fired...would you feel bad?  Lots of people say "things."

MYOB....don't be a yenta.

• Eva

No you should not. It's not your news to tell and if your coworker decides to stay, you would have caused trouble for nothing.

It's none of your business, so NO, you shouldn't go blabbing something like this. If he wants to quit on his own time, he will. If you do this, she may turn around and fire him. You don't know his plans, so shut up about it and work and mind your own business.