Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 week ago

Would you let your daughter’s boyfriend stay in your house?

If she brought him for the holidays. Would you feel offended if he rented a hotel room instead?

1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

I even provide the condoms.

• Raja
    7 days ago

Daughter's bf can stay in the house but will not be allowed to sleep with her.He can always rent a Hotel room to stay in the night.There is nothing to get offended. 

1 week ago

i dont have kids but thats up to you

• 1 week ago

I am confused. Are you saying you are offended that your daughter and her boyfriend are asking to stay in a hotel, or are you saying you would prefer your daughter and her boyfriend stay in a hotel, instead of staying at your home?  No one under the age of 25 ever slept in the same bed with their boyfriend or girlfriend.  Over 25, sometimes, most were dating for 3 or more yrs and engaged.  I am old enough to have a 19 yr old daughter or son. and I would not feel comfortable, and allow either one to sleep with their boyfriend or girlfriend in my home.  He the boyfriend or the son sleeps on the couch and the daughter or girlfriend sleeps in their old room, or they could go to a hotel.  

1 week ago

If my daughter is of the age of consent they are free to rent a mating room! But not in my house! My house is is me and my wife's mating room! When my daughter is old enough to have sex then she needs to find her own place to have sex in my house is for me and my wife.

1 week ago

These aren't yes or no questions.  It would have been easier to answer if you had just explained what happened.

How old are your daughter and her guy?  Are you comfortable with them sleeping in the same room?  Are there younger kids in the home?  Same applies with him getting a hotel room.   I can think of valid reasons to do this, and I can think of weird ones.  Also, it's not clear if your daughter would be in the room with him.

1 week ago

Only if I intended on sleeping with him.

• 1 week ago

As long as he doesn't expect to move in permanently, i would welcome the boyfriend for the holidays. If he would be more comfortable at a hotel, why would i feel offended? He has a right to make his own choice.

• 1 week ago

How old are they, which holiday, and how long have they been dating? Is this guy on the path to proposal or one of

a few guys brought home? Is the guy financially stable and wont be asking you to move in or better yet, not leave after the holiday? Is he a sweet guy that you like being around or is he a jerk u wish your daughter never met. That's important. I need to know more to express if I would or would not. I personally, would not ask my parents if my boyfriend could stay in the family home and my boyfriend and I would get a hotel, so we could do things adults do. No, I would not be offended as a parent if they got a hotel room instead as that may be their way of respecting your home.

• P
    1 week ago

It would be much better to have him in the house or at a nearby family member where you could insure they sleep separately and get to know him better.  If you make him get a hotel room you just essentially give him and your daughter a private love nest to escape to.