Can I use honey water as a substitute of vanilla extract?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 days ago

i think its not possible

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 days ago

No. There isn’t really a substitute for Vanilla Extract. If you don’t have it just don’t use it.

• 1 week ago

Vanilla is used for its specific flavor.  It's not sweet, and it's not used in a measurement large enough to affect the moisture of most recipes.  Using honey water rather than vanilla seems rather pointless as all it will do is add a touch of sweetness and a little water.  It will not add the flavor you seem to be hoping it will. 

• 1 week ago

Honey mixed with water will not give much flavor.  Even if you used all honey in the same amount that you would use vanilla the flavor will not be noticeable. 

Do you have any other flavoring that would go with what you are making?  Amaretto, Frangelico, Kahlua, any of these would work as part of the liquid called for in your recipe. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 week ago

Sure, you can, but there is no point. It won't add any flavour. Vanilla is added to give a vanilla flavour. It can be left out of any recipe though the result will taste slightly different.

• 1 week ago

Of course, yes. I have done this. 

You can also use, maple syrup and rum, those are what i have used and worked perfectly fine also. 

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

You can, but it won't give much flavor and it certainly won't taste like vanilla.

Depending on what you're making, almond extract may be a suitable substitute.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

No*, but you can use "rose water" in place of vanilla.  In fact, rose water was WAY more popular than vanilla until the 1890s.

* "Honey water" just tastes like sweet water.

• IOM
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

No. Vanilla has a very special and exquisite taste. And, it's not sweet like honey.

• 1 week ago

Depends on the recipe.  In some it might be a good substitute.  In others it may not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.