Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

If Donald gets 4 more years will your Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid be slashed?

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

He knows how to do it.  He makes it so super rich pay no taxes and then when the country is so deep in debt it says he has to slash programs to help the elderly and infirm.  How do we know that?  That is what they did in Mexico.  They use to be a good nation with old age pension and health care for all.  Then the super rich took over and drained the nation of funding and now they have no health care or schools for the poor.  Old people are selling gum on the beaches to survive.  Basically begging.

It Probably will be cut in half. 

Please like this comment, everyone

Just look at his proposed 2020 budget and you will see the answer is YES.

But this is no surprise. Gutting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid has long been the goal of Republicans.

• Dale-E
      4 weeks agoReport

President L B Johnson gutted Social Security and used it to finance his Vietnam quagmire.

• Mike L

I'm too young for it, but he's going to end up killing off a lot of the Republican base when this DOES happen.

Funny that my mom ss actually went up and her Medicare went down.  Hopefully the system will not allow free loaders. 

• Dale-E
      4 weeks agoReport

Something that was never done by the Democrat undocumented Yes Man.

The reps signed off on that yrs. ago when they endorsed the Ryan budget.

If the GOP was fiscally responsible, they would have had the painful budget cuts on the table the same time to show us how they were going to pay for the gigantic tax giveaway heavily weighted for the elite. But they didn't and the deficit doubled while the debt piles up much faster. With history as a barometer, the reps give it away and the dems work to recover it.

For example, Clinton increased taxes on the elite, spent less w/ welfare reform and slashed the DOD funding. We ended up w/ the best budget in our lifetime.

Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-d...

• Dale-E
      4 weeks agoReport

I hope so.   I'd really like to be able to opt out of those programs.   I am able to support myself until I die, therefore I'd rather not contribute 15.3% of my income.

ETA:   I never said people don't deserve social security.   If they pay in they should receive benefits.   I simply said I prefer not to participate.    It doesn't take a genius to realize that they would have way, way more money in retirement if they opted out of social security and invested that money themselves.   

Since when did taking responsibility for one's own finances become an evil thing?

• Dale-E
      4 weeks agoReport

• Chris

When was a government bureaucracy ever “slashed”? They only get bigger and bigger.

Doubtful. He would have to get the bill passed. Mitch McConnell sits on his favorites.