promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should women change themselves?

I realized that people expect a woman to act and dress a certain way in order for someone to like her. Like I remember my friend tried to introduce me to a guy and he didn’t really like me, so she told me that I should change myself so that he could and that really hurt me. Nowadays I get comments on how I should wear makeup and dress more feminine, which makes me feel like I’m kinda being strippped of my own beauty and femininity. I thought that I was beautiful enough and that I should be myself, but lately I kinda feel like if I continue to be comfortable, people will be turned off to me.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry but f*** those people. Be yourself and if they don’t like you for it or telling you to be more feminine then they can go f themselves. Think for yourself, don’t be a sheep hun

• rj353 weeks agoReport

hi sarah, you are so right, im rachel, nice to meet you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

ladies change style every couple years,been that way since adam made koochy with eve

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some people are shallow some are not. It's more about the personality that counts.

• GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It's one thing to dress a certain way for your job (which I would guess that you do), but apart  from  wearing clean clothes and being  tidy, you should not have to dress a certain way to attract a partner. Be yourself, and you will attract the right sort of person.  

You need to change some of your friends, not your style.  Your friend seems to think the man she introduced you to is a real catch.  Maybe she should  try to catch him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

if they are not good they should .and if they are then not..

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they should change for themselves

• 1 month ago

Yes if your dress like a tramp people will avoid you.  And it's the same for men.

• sian
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

NO!!! Be yourself. NEVER change for a man. They are NOT worth it.

• 2 months ago

I think a woman looks her best "as-is."  You don't need makeup.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

And would you really WANT a guy that only likes the superficial clothes and makeup but not you? I sure wouldn't. I would want someone that was crazy about me as I want to be and am. THAT would be the real thing and not fake or phony. Tell your friends to worry about themselves and let you be you. When the right guy comes along he will appreciate you as you are. Don't change for others.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.