Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 week ago

Can you reason between good and evil? What is good to you, what is evil to you?

• 6 days ago

Anyone who isn't completely mentally incompetent can reason between good and evil, even though those differences is often a matter of opinion.

To several people (won't say which religion), all of the music I like listening to is pure evil.  To me, that music is really good.

To some people (still not saying which religion), collecting money in the name of their god to do godly work is good, even though they end up blowing the whole stack on date-rape drugs underage hookers.  To me, that's kind of evil.

• 6 days ago

Evil is hating for no reason and love is passionate with a good heart.

• 1 week ago

evil is just an absence of empathy

• Evil, to me, lies in harming others unnecessarily and without good purpose.

• 1 week ago

Good is what's pleasing to God.

EVIL: originally meant: having the human characteristics, habits, needs or desires; does not mean bad or wicked.

• 1 week ago

The evil that men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones.

• Paul
    1 week ago

Yes I can, provided that my reasoning is in accord with God's truth. Trying to define morality without following God's truth has resulted in all the evil and ungodly practices that are legal today.

1 week ago

The average person of sound mind and that possesses at least some intelligence can distinguish between right and wrong. Good to me involves things like helping those in need and preventing evil from happening. Some examples of things I find evil are murder, rape, animal or child abuse just to name a few.

• According to the Bible, I have the knowledge of good and evil so I'm pretty sure I can say that when a god commits genocide, it's an act of evil.

• 1 week ago

Ethics to me isn't about religion at all, but rather a set of general principles that we humans follow because we want to rather than following specific and often arbitrary religious based rules because we are afraid of being punished.  Furthermore we don't need evil for good to exist, that's a load of crap.