Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 months ago

What should I know before traveling to these European cities?

In 2021 I will be traveling to the following cities;

London, England

Glasgow, Scotland

Edinburgh, Scotland

Paris, France

Milan, Italy

Florence, Italy

Rome, Italy

Athens, Greece

Santorini, Greece

Krakow, Poland

Berlin, Germany

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dublin, Ireland

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Oslo, Norway

Reykjavik, Iceland

I am seeking tips from people like things to avoid in the cities, must sees and just general rules of thumb. I will be doing all the basic touristy things as its my first time in a lot of these cities. No better place to go than yahoo answers to receive raw answers eh? lol thanks in advance all!!!

• Orla C

Spend a day or two in Dublin, and then leave it and see other parts of Ireland. The countryside is the best. 

Unless your trip may last several months, you can hardly enjoy visiting so many cities since most of them have many major attractions and require a lot of time.

Each of those countries and those cities has a tourist board (visitor center), the web site of which provides you with full details about what to see, what to do, where to go, and where to stay as well as a lot of useful information for foreign travelers.

See http://www.willgoto.com

For further pieces of information from Yahoo Answers about each of your destinations, I suggest you to ask your question  in each of the various country categories of Yahoo questions since answering your question here should require  a too long text.

The things to avoid in London are not the things to avoid in Rome.

Brussels should probably be added to your list.  Between cities such as London, Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam, you can easily travel by high speed train so that you save both airport transfer time and airport check-in time.

How many weeks will be your trip?

• hihi!

OR MONTHS!!

might as well add brussels to that list

and yes, there is a better place... each of those cities has dozens of videos on youtube explaining its highs and lows.

• hihi!

YOU LEFT OUT MOSCOW!!

You should know that there is a wealth of information about those cities online, if you google their names. You can't seriously expect, on a forum like this, to get tips for that many places. A person could write several paragraphs on each and still leave out things you'd like to know.

• hihi!

LIKE WE COULD DEDICATE hours TO THAT LIST. I have been to many of these. Best advice in a nutshell is BUY A MULTI-DAY PASS for each city's public transport and PREPARE TO WALK.